iLearn Technology

Sunday, November 13, 2011

GAME

Reading the NETS-T standards on the ITSE website allowed me to reflect on what I need to work on as a teacher in the 21st century.  My students need me to teach them the necessary skills that will allow them to be successful in the future.  The first step in becoming a self-directed learner is setting goals(Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2009, p. 3).  The first goal that I set is based on NET-S standard #1, “Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity”.  The second goal is based on standard #2, “Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments”.
Goal - 
Both of these goals will allow me to use technology in my classroom effectively and purposefully with genuine authenticity in the lesson.  Using the first standard, my goal is to plan to find ways to inspire creativity with my students by asking opened questions that require a complex thought process that will also require some experimenting.  My second goal is to develop an assessment that will require the use of a SMARTboard for each student.
Action - 
References
International Society for Technology in Education. (2008). National education standards for teachers (NETS-T). Retrieved from http://www.iste.org/Libraries/PDFs/NETS_for_Teachers_2008_EN.sflb.ashx

No comments:

Post a Comment